There are many different health care disciplines available to patients, all with their own education and methods of therapy. The one goal we all have in common is we all want to improve the health of our patients. At Chiropractie Noordzee, we use various chiropractic and adjunctive therapies to reach this goal. However, when the need arises, we also work in conjunction with therapists in other health fields in treating our patients. Sometimes combining different approaches or perspectives on a problem can be the key to unlocking a patient’s complaint. For example, we may work with:
- Medical professionals to request x-rays or other imaging, lab tests, etc.
- Physiotherapists and personal trainers to create exercise programs for patients with specific rehabilitation or strengthening needs.
- Massage therapists to focus on trouble areas for additional muscle therapy.
- Pilates teachers or mensendieck therapists to improve core stability or to help with other postural changes.
- Psychologists when there may be underlying psychosomatic issues (physical complaints due to emotional/mental influence).
- Nutritionists when we want to help a patient improve his or her dietary habits.
- And more.
A patient-centred health team (medical doctor, chiropractor, dentist, massage therapist, etc.), all working together for the betterment of the patient’s health, is important for your overall health, now and in the future. We enjoy working with all kinds of various health professionals and have carefully built up our network to include trusted, like-minded therapists who share a common interest in putting the patient first. If you are a therapist who would like to add chiropractic therapy to your network, or you are a patient who feels like you might benefit from combining our chiropractic therapy with your current therapy, we would be happy to discuss that possibility with you.